bear hunting in russia, Russia kamchatka brown bear den hunts, kamchatka hunting brown bear, brown bear russia
Way of hunting: on foot; stalking; dogs.
Accomodation: hunting lodge.
Group size: 2 hunters only.
Dates: September 1 - February 28.
Duration: 14 days / 13 nights.
Tour cost: $ 14 400 - per person.
Kamchatka Outfitters invites you to Kamchatka Brown Bear Den Hunt.
This is an exclusive Kamchatka hunting offer.
During summer and fall time our guides check and control several dens which are chosen by big bears for winter hibernation. This animals are mature and strong. The hunt requires lots of guides professionalism and hunters efforts. It is a real team hunting adventure.
The brown bear (Ursus Arctos bearingianus) is the most famous animal on Kamchatka. The average size of a mature male is about 8.5 feet. The color varies from light brown to almost black. The brown bears' population is approx. 12-15 thousand. Kamchatka has one of the highest brown bear populations, with an average density of one brown bear per square mile.
"Kamchatka Outfitters" has been arranging Brown Bear Hunting over 10 years already in the northern and southern parts of the Kamchatka peninsula. Our hunting areas have snow in April and May. At this time of the year the ground is covered by 5 - 11 ft. of snow. The temperatures range from 20 F in the night and reach 50 F during the day time.
During this hunt we use dogs. Spotting and Stalking is generally done on foot.
You will have your own experienced guide who has excellent knowledge of the area and will assist you in getting your trophy.
In some of our bear camps Capercaillie bird hunting is available. It can be arranged for an additional cost and in some camps after the hunt you are welcome to do fishing for Char and Rainbow trout for free.
Arrival to Petropavlovsk. Meeting at the airport. Customs formalities. The same day, if the weather is fine helicopter (1 hour) flight to the hunting camp.
Day 2 - 12. 11 days pure hunt. Overnight (hunting lodge, Dbl).
Day 13. Preparing for the departure. Helicopter flight to Petropavlovsk. Overnight (hotel, Dbl).
Day 14. Breakfast. Departure.
The price includes:
All transportation, all necessary permits and paper work, insurance, satellite phone access. On the route: hot meal, dry ration, all necessary equipment, service of the cook, experienced personal guide to each hunter, interpreter (one per camp),
double accommodation (hunting lodge). Trophy field preparation and packing for shipment.
The price does not include:
Any airfare to and from Kamchatka, visa fees (150$), optional trip cancellation insurance (airline cancellations, medical/personal emergencies that preclude your participation, etc.), satellite phone use (except urgent emergency calls),
alcohol beverages, and gratuities.
683024 Russia, Kamchatka Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Avtomobilistov str. 20-32
1. Footwear: Gore-Tex boots, or well impregnated leather boots.
High hip-boots are good too. It is necessary to take high hip-boots two size larger than you have, in order you can wear them with a
thick felt insole and two socks (one is thin and another is warm) or with foot binding.
It is desirable to have light trainers for the walk in the bivouac and during the transfers.
2. Sleeping-bag + rug (it's desirable/can be provided)
3. Personal crockery (travel mug, bowl, spoon, fork/will be provided)
4. Folding knife
5. Personal hygiene items
6. Clothing: field dress - trousers
+ weatherproof jacket (made of thick cloth - light tarpaulin,
moisture- wind-proof cloth and so on) is preferable, because it is ventilated,
7. Moisture- wind-proof dress made of cloth like Gore-Tex or its analogues.
8. It's desirable to have a big rain-coat, covering the traveler with the rucksack. Underwear (thin flis, wool mixture and so on)
9. Underwear (thin flis or wool)
10. Trousers made of flis (wool)
11. Warm jacket made of flis (sweater)
12. Woolen (flis) cap
13. Warm gloves + moisture-wind-proof mittens (Gore-tex overmittens)
14. Socks: thin - 2 pairs, warm - 2 pairs (if you are in boots - 3 pairs). It's optimal to have socks made of wool and synthetic, "terry type", as they don't rub sore feet so much.
15. Flash light (it's better if it can be warn on the forehead)
16. It's good to have warm waistcoat
17. Face mask
18. Sun glasses
19. Sun screen lotion (SPF 50)
21. Personal first-aid set
22. Fishing gear
1. Porter service does not included in the tour cost, but can be organized.